MAL COPE GOLF PSYCHOLOGY
The Mind Matters
I have played this game for 40 years and have invested a lot of time, money and effort into trying to improve without seeing the desired improvements. Other sports came naturally but golf never has. It took time to realise that my brain and body were able to cope with reactive and instinctive sports with clear opponents. However, golf is static with the main opponent being your own mind. Until you understand the potential of the brain you are limiting your own progress.
Some may need more tangible reasons to buy into the benefits of improving your mind and attitude. Why have professionals become better over the last 20 years whilst the average amateur handicap remains the same? Fitness is definitely one reason. Equipment is another but we all have access to that, budget permitting. One of the biggest contributors to success is the way professionals have embraced the potential of the brain in order to maximise performance. Today, it would be a rarity to find a professional who does not employ a golf psychologist.
After 30 years, I decided a change of career was necessary. I left the Aerospace industry and took my PGA Golf Psychology Coaching Certificate along with other Psychology and Sports Coaching courses. This enables me to work with golfers of all ages and levels to find their own individual way to get the most out of their game on any given day.
PGA Approved Golf Psychology Coaching Certified
Exploring Sport Coaching & Psychology OU
Communication & Relationships in Sport OU
- Effective Practice - Create realism and pressure
- Attention and Focus - Spend your time and energy on things that matter
- Confidence - Learn to build a good memory box
- Stress Management - How to deal with pressure situations
- Goal Setting - Set individual short and long term objectives
- Resilience - How to build response mechanisms
- Imagery - Learn the skill of visualization and its impact
- Anxiety - Develop coping strategies
- Pre-Shot Routine - Understand the benefits and develop a unique routine
- Self Talk - Understand the positives and negatives of the inner voice
Pace and frequency set by you
A programme designed specifically for the individual
Interactive sessions can be course or range based